YEARBOOKS ON SALE NOW
Click on the icon above to order YOUR 2014-2015 OGMS yearbook. Choose from the many options and accessories to personalize the yearbook to make it uniquely yours! Deadlines are approaching. Order your yearbook today.
BETA CLUB MEETING
Members, please bring in a canned food item to your meeting this Friday, September 5th.
OGMS ACCEPTS THE ALS ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE!!!!!
Mrs. Barefoot and Ms. Terrell
Coach Slaughter and Coach Bolton
OGMS Student Challenge
Early arrival time has changed. Students who arrive early on campus can not do so until 7:30 a.m.
- Early arriving car riders must report directly to the Multi-Purpose Building.
- Early arriving bus riders REPORT TO THE GYM instead of the auditorium as in the past.
Student Check-out Procedures
DRESS CODEPlease carefully review the Dress Code Policy located on pages 43-45 of the 2014-2015 Parent/Student Handbook. Dress Code is checked daily.
- Student must present parent note to school office by 8:30 a.m. to be verified (phone number on note).
- Parent or guardian may physically come and pick up student (no phone calls will be accepted).
- Photo identification will be required to check a student out.
- No lunch check-outs will be allowed unless a doctor’s note is presented upon return.
- Anyone checking out a student must be on the check-out list.
- Check-outs during the last 30 minutes of the day will be for emergencies and medical appointments only.
- Students are allowed three (3) non-medical checkouts per semester. Students who exceed three (3) check-outs may receive disciplinary action.
IMPORTANT ATTENDANCE POLICY LEGISLATION:
The Mississippi Legislature passed a law (HB1530) in the past legislative session which requires all Mississippi public school students to be present for 63% of the day to be counted present for that day. This law took effect July 1, 2013. This is 63% of the instructional day which means that it does not count lunch, breaks, etc...At OGMS, our school day begins at 8:25; therefore, a student must be present until 2:05 each school day to meet the 63% requirement.