skip to main contentskip to navigation

Free and Reduced Meals

Students from households who receive food stamps and/or Temporary Aid to 

Needy Families (TANF) and who have a social security number on file at the 
school may be eligible for direct certification. Students approved by direct 
certification are not required to have an application on file.
Application forms are sent home the first week of school with a letter to 
parents or guardians. To apply for free or reduced price meals, parents of students not approved by direct certification must fill out the application and return it to the school as soon as possible. Additional copies are available in the principal’s office.

Children from households with incomes of less than or equal to the income criteria may be eligible for either free or reduced priced meals.

Important: A new application must be filled out at the beginning of each school year in order for meal benefits to continue. Meal benefits begin on the day the application is approved at the Child Nutrition Office and continue throughout the school year in which the application is approved, the summer, and approximately the first thirty days of next school year. Any student that does not have a current application on file with our school district will be unable to receive meal benefits after the first of September of each academic year



Paper Application (download and print)

ADA Compliance Errors0

Lamar County School District


PURVIS, MS 39475

(601) 794-1012
The Lamar County School District is committed to ensuring that the content on this website is accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities and users of assistive technology. If you are having problems accessing part of this website, please contact the district webmaster at Please include the following in your message and we will contact you to accommodate your needs: · The URL (web address) of the page · The problem you experienced · Your contact information: name, email address and phone Grievances related to Section 504, ADA (Title II) or other formal grievances can be filed with the district using the procedure outlined in the Section 504 Grievance Procedures.
This website is powered by SchoolBlocks